• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Living for the Day After Tomorrow (Asatte no Houkou) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Asatte no Houkou has an interesting storyline from what i read
in the ANN fall anime preview,and the animation looks nice.
hope this comes over stateside.
Mini Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
You know, I started out this season having Kanon as the main anime I was looking forward to every week with Asatte no Houkou and Bousou Renkin as just fillers to help tied me over until I got to the next episode of Kanon. That's not really the case anymore. AnH has very much exceeded any expectation I had for it and now I find myself looking forward to the next episode of it just as much as I do Kanon. The slow pace is fast enough to keep you intrigued but not so fast that it seems as though things are moving at an unrealistic speed. I can't find the words to express why I like it so much right now, it's just something I'm really finding myself enjoying.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, episode 4, the summer festival episode. spoiler[Now that Shouko told Hiro about hers and Karada's predicament, it pretty much took some time for him to absorb all of this. So pretty much there were some awkwardness and some insensitivity especially between Hiro and Karada (Shouko got pretty pissed about that and kicked Hiro on the shins; OUCH Mad). The parallel flashbacks of Hiro and Karada going to their annual summer festival brought some sense into him.]

The art quality degraded though. Sad

But overall, I'm starting to really love this series.
Mini Jesus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I would love it if [a fansub group whose name I'm not suppose to mention] got around to subbing this episode....I'm really starting to dislike their leisurely pace they have when it comes to subbing...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Mini Jesus wrote:
I would love it if [a fansub group whose name I'm not suppose to mention] got around to subbing this episode....I'm really starting to dislike their leisurely pace they have when it comes to subbing...

So would I, but they seem to have been usually releasing episodes at a steady pace. Perhaps it's because they're taking on 4 series this season, which would slow down the releases in general as a whole due to the work it takes to sub an episode.
Mini Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Mini Jesus wrote:

So would I, but they seem to have been usually releasing episodes at a steady pace. Perhaps it's because they're taking on 4 series this season, which would slow down the releases in general as a whole due to the work it takes to sub an episode.

I would love believe that it's because of their workload but I have a hard time believing that. The only other series I've downloaded from them was Diebuster/Gunbuster 2 and they took 3 months to sub any 1 episode of that on average. So I only know them as slow, but this series is releasing an episode every week not one every six months and they're falling behind now because of it. If I'm not mistaken there's already a raw available for episode 5 or at least will be real soon if there isn't yet.

[EDIT: Please do not mention the name of fansub groups. You can discuss the title they're working on, but please refrain from actually mentioning their name. Thanks. -TK]
Mindless Watcher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the first three episodes so far and really liked it. OK, I would rather compare it to Niea_7 than to Aria but maybe that's only because i liked Niea_7 to whereas Aria (the first) put me to sleep. Very Happy

The relevation that spoiler[Karada and Hiro aren't really related] worries me however. Now I fear that the show might turn into spoiler[a love triangle drama fest. Not only because I don't like such kind of shows, it also would officially freak me out since Karada, boobs or not, is still a kid. Worse enough that (what was the name of the little brother again) was after her. Evil or Very Mad ] But I keep the hopes up that I'm wrong here. I've already downloaded 4 and 5 and I am planning to watch it tomorrow.
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 am Reply with quote
Mindless Watcher wrote:
The relevation that spoiler[Karada and Hiro aren't really related] worries me however. Now I fear that the show might turn into spoiler[a love triangle drama fest. Not only because I don't like such kind of shows, it also would officially freak me out since Karada, boobs or not, is still a kid. Worse enough that (what was the name of the little brother again) was after her. Evil or Very Mad ] But I keep the hopes up that I'm wrong here.

Mmm, that thought had also occurred to me. As of 4 and 5 spoiler[it seems that this fact has also come to Hiro's attention now that he's finally recognized them for who they are. I guess time will tell how this all turns out... it looks like ep6., with the meeting between Tetsuya (?) and Harada will advance this more... Given dormcat's post, however, I'm not sure that this is going to end in a non-disturbing way Confused]
On a more positive note, spoiler[it was nice to see Shouko making use of her wish rather than wasting it Smile]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, episode 6 was mostly a slice-of-life episode, but it did involve Tetsumasa meeting up with grown-up Karada. Of course there were some parallel flashbacks incorporated in order to bring some intriguing connections here and there. Nothing too spoiler worthy, but it wasn't a wasted episode. Very Happy
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
story and characters aside for now, someone gotta tell me whats the name of the theme song at the end of episode two. I've fallen in love with it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote
Well episode 7 proves one thing, spoiler[Shouko can't cook for squat even if it's for a birthday present for Hiro! Poor Karada who has to put up with it. Laughing

Well at least Karada is pretty forgiving until she found a photograph of Hiro and grown-up Shouko together. At the end of the episode, Karada blamed herself for "breaking" those two up and decided to move out into the city. Oh boy, let's see how that turns out! Shocked ]
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
This series has been kind of disappointing to me so far. The first 2 or 3 episodes started off great but then up to episode 7 that I've seen so far, there really hasn't been any noticeable advancement in any kind of plot. While I do generally enjoy slice-of-life shows without much of a story, for this show, I wish they didn't start it off with that interesting age-swapping plot line and then do almost nothing with it for most of the show. By now, there seems to have been almost no point to it. Of course, I still have to watch this show all the way to the end though to see where they go with it.

Also, from what I've heard, the anime may have deviated from the manga a bit in terms of a certain plot twist or two, which may have been mentioned by dormcat earlier in this thread. So I am curious to see if the remainder of the show will surprise or shock me in some way. After that, I'll definitely be looking forward to reading the manga when I get the chance.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Karada in town...great fun. Filling in her CV and so on...I remember doing my first one...as well as my first application form...truly cringeworthy.]

overall I enjoyed the episode and am really starting to like this series more and more.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Just catching up to episode 8, and what a DAMN good episode! spoiler[Poor Karada! City life for her is seriously not a walk in the park as she faces a lot of hardships like getting a job (she was REALLY close too). Add in that flashback when both of her real and adopted parents died which makes her a total orphan if it wasn't for Hiro.

In the end though, she still hasn't forgiven herself for "tampering" Hiro's relationship with Shouko.

]
arkady

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Merged with previous Asatte no Houkou thread. ~Zalis]

My wife and I just finished watching this series last night, and I just had to give it a plug. No giant robots, no dueling wizards, no superhero fights, just great artwork and superior writing. The story premise is a cliche, but there's not a single cliche in its execution. From beginning to end the writing is intelligent, the characters completely believable and their unorthodox situation handled realistically. The final episode, which in lesser hands might have been rushed and confused, played out perfectly, right down to subtle differences in the character design and in the opener and closer.

A wonderful production.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3